A lot of people have been complaining about Video Octopus Not Working and in this article we’ll try to understand the causes and fixes for it.
Video Octopus is a popular video download and converting software that you can download for free on your computer. It’s completely free and works for every website or video streaming page except YouTube.
Through Video Octopus, you can download videos from any webpage for free. Not only that, the program allows you to choose the quality and format of the video as well. As of now, users have downloaded over 100 million videos using this program.
Unfortunately, there are some performance issues with the software, and often you may find it hard to get it to work. Users have complained about technical snags, such as server issues, program start-up failure, unsupported downloads, etc.
In this guide, I will talk about the potential reasons for these issues and some quick troubleshooting. Let’s find out.
Why is Video Octopus not Working?
There can be several reasons why video octopus is down. Here are the most common problems you may face with the program:
1. Server Problems
Sometimes, the program just won’t start. The server problem from Video Octopus or the network issue on your computer may cause it. A wrong registry key might also hinder the start-up of the software.
2. Video Download Error
Usually, the software works smoothly, but sometimes it’s troublesome to download a video. The download button simply doesn’t do anything. Also, many times, the download video has a different format and quality from what you chose. There are two main reasons why you are unable to start the download:
- The video octopus web server is down
- The webpage’s safety mechanism doesn’t allow you to download the video.
3. Unable to Play the Video
Frequently, there is an issue with the downloaded video. You just won’t be able to play it. Sometimes it will work only with one player and fails to load in another. The main reason behind this problem is a software compatibility issue on your computer or the server issue at the website’s end.
4. No Audio
The last common issue with Video Octopus is the missing audio from the downloaded video. It happens if the software isn’t downloaded to your computer correctly. Due to the lost files and packages from your software, you will be able to download the videos, but sometimes, there are audio issues in the videos.
Video Octopus Not Working: Try these Quick Fixes
Let’s look at some easy fixes you can try to resolve the problem:
1. Try A Registry Cleaner Program
Your computer collects a lot of temporary files and junk registries over time. Sometimes, these files may interrupt the functioning of a program. To delete the junk registry, simply download a Registry cleaner and scan your computer using it.
To delete temporary files, you can use the following steps:
- Hit the Windows+R keys together.
- In the Run program, type %temp% and press Enter key.
- Delete everything present in the folder and restart your computer.
2. Network Troubleshooting
You can fix the server issues from your end by troubleshooting your network connection. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on the gear icon.
- On the Settings page, Click on Network & internet.
- Click on Advanced network settings and then on More network adapter options.
- Right-click on the network that you are connected to and select Diagnose.
Give it a few minutes while the troubleshooter detects and fixes the network issues. Launch the software and try to download the video again.
3. Let the Website Load Properly
Always wait for at least 30-40 seconds before you attempt the download. Many websites have a poor response time and may take a while to load completely. Make sure the video has loaded completely before you hit the download button.
4. Try VPN
Sometimes, web developers restrict the downloading to a particular geographic location. A VPN might just help you in this situation.
There are many VPN software available on the market. You should download Touch VPN, connect to a remote server, and try to download the video again.
5. Reinstall Video Octopus
A quick reinstallation will reset your program and its setting to default. Take the following steps to reinstall Video Octopus:
- On the Start Menu, click on the gear icon to launch the System Settings.
- Click on Apps and then on Installed Apps.
- Here you can see the list of downloaded software and applications. Scroll down to locate Video Octopus.
- Click on the 3-dot icon on the right side and choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Give it a few minutes until the computer finishes the uninstallation. Restart your computer after that.
- Go to the official website of Video Octopus and download a fresh copy of the software.
- Install it and Run it as administrator.
This article will help you fix the issues with Video Octopus. It’s an excellent software to download videos for free, but there are issues with the performance and consistency. Another thing to remember here is that sometimes, your computer’s firewall system may obstruct the program, so if you are wondering why was video octopus removed from your system, here is the answer.